Dr. Hirst’s First Experience with Chiropractic Care
As a boy, Timothy Hirst grew up surrounded by farms in Idaho. At the age of 15, he was injured in an ATV accident and suffered from severe back pain. After several visits to his family’s chiropractor, the pain was completely gone. This experience led him to a life long interest in health care and a passion for helping people become completely rehabilitated.
Dr. Hirst’s Chiropractic Education and Experience
- Completed his undergraduate studies at Brigham Young University.
- Timothy Hirst graduated with his doctorate degree from Southern California University of Health Sciences. This university is one of only 3 of the 18 Chiropractic Colleges in the United States that bear the distinction of “University of Health Sciences”. This means it is an evidence-based program rather than philosophy-based, as the majority of other schools offer.
- After graduate school, Dr. Hirst worked at chiropractic clinics in Queen Creek and Chandler and then opened AZ Chiropractic in June of 2008.
- He is certified in the Graston™ Technique and Physical Medicine Modalities and Therapeutic Procedures. As a result of continuing to learn, Dr. Hirst helps people with scar tissue and fascial restrictions to maintain an optimal range of motion. The Graston™ Technique is clinically proven to achieve faster and better outcomes for acute and chronic conditions such as Achilles Tendonitis, Carpal Tunnel, Adhesive Capsulitis, IT Band Syndrome, Lumbar Strain, and Plantar Fasciitis.
- Dr. Hirst is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP), helping to optimize patients’ athletic performance by applying an advanced understanding of neurological and musculoskeletal function and performance enhancement from high-level athletics to everyday activities.
Dr. Hirst Now
Dr. Hirst is working at our Gilbert location. He treats and works with a variety of conditions. He loves the fact that his work changes everyday, and enjoys the challenge of seeing people with a variety of conditions.
Dr. Hirst and his family have loved living in Arizona since 2005. His hobbies include mechanics, gardening, camping, and most of all, spending time with his family.